Dave Griffith Electrical Mackay (DGEM) has been operating since 1978…over 35 years.
A privately owned company DGEM services the Port of Mackay, regional multi-national manufacturing business and the Paget industrial park south of Mackay CBD.
DGEM employs 10 staff who have the current Port of Mackay and hazardous area certification.
DGEM is aware of the important role that the environment plays in its operations and its responsibilities to integrate environmentally considerate work practices throughout all areas of our business.
Although we are a small organisation, we apply this approach to internal practices and procedures, as well as the services we provide to the client.
All assessments will be conducted on a site-to site basis in order to accurately identify and assess potential environmental and community issues.
Where practical, DGEM will aim to:
- Comply with the requirements of all-prevailing statutes and regulations relating to environmental protection and management
- Be efficient and conservative in the use of fuel and materials, both internally and in the course of providing services
- Ensure that the potential environmental impacts of our activities are fully assessed before implementation
- Communicate our environmental policy to all staff and provide suitable training and information to assist our people in fulfilment of the above matters
- Work with our clients requirements and promote continuous improvement in environmental performance internally, and the wider community
- Monitor our environmental performance and reviewing of this environmental policy
- Purchase recyclable materials and recycle used items where ever possible.
Workplace Health and Safety
At DGEM we are committed to providing our clients with quality service.
Our team continually strives to be a leading electrical contracting business by ensuring a high standard of quality and delivery on all projects and create for our workforce:
- Job security
- A healthy and safe work environment
- Job satisfaction
- Opportunities for training and skill development relevant to job demands.
In order to ensure the success of our business DGEM is supported by a business management system which combines key components of the HSEC. The policy promotes a culture whereby harm to our people through work is unacceptable, further consolidating our commitment to providing safe and healthy working conditions for employees, contractors, visitors and any other people who comes in contact with our business & site activities.
Our safety system has been deemed as far as reasonably practicable, in accordance with the requirements of Occupational Health & Safety Legislation, Regulations, Ministerial Notices, Codes of Practices, and Australian Standards and is based on the principles described by AS4108 and ICN safety standards for all hydrocarbons businesses.